Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Register
Fire Protection
Moderator(s): Rogelio G. Reyes
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
FOOD TRUCK FIRE PROTECTION 0 Y. ABDUHASAD Good day to all! May I ask if there are existing codes governing the protection of mobile food truck from fire hazard?What are the requirements to protect the food truck from the hazard of fire?
by Y. ABDUHASAD
Sunday, 15 April 2018
Sprinklers in residential buildings: don’t compromise on smoke ventilation! 2 R. Gomeseria, ARCADIS/Hyder Consulting If we follow strictly NFPA 13 which is used as reference by the fire code of the phils, the area of the toilet that exceed 5.1 m2 shall have sprinklerBut the problem nowadays is that some BFP officials are not aware of this area limitations then in some municipality theyjust requires it even without exceeding the limits
by P. Roque, TCGI Engineers
Monday, 14 August 2017
How could PSME have save the lives of 72 workers in Valenzuela Fire? 4 R. Reyes When I was working in Qatar Civil Defence, we require construction safety works to be detailed in the plans and designs development stage, so that the consultant, owner and contractor would be responsible for any fire and life safety incident. In Australia, any building and construction work employing flammable and hazardous materials would be required a fire safety study by a registered fire engineer. In such cases, these kind of incidents would be prevented, or controlled and the government can easily enforce due action to the responsible party. Cheers, Clive
by R. Dayao, Red Fire Engineers Pty Ltd
Wednesday, 14 December 2016
Smoke and environmental ventilation in high-rise buildings: useful design r 2 R. Gomeseria, ARCADIS/Hyder Consulting Hi Mary Jane!Thanks for your reply. I will contact you soon.Kind regards,Ronald
by R. Gomeseria, ARCADIS/Hyder Consulting
Saturday, 9 April 2016
fire suppression (fm-200) non-liquid protection for fire protection 1 m. megrenio (santander) Hi Mary Jane!Nice to have you here promoting such products for Fire Protection Building Services. The brand itself is quite okay and found very interesting. However, I don't know exactly how our Bureau of Fire Department in the Philippines for the process of approval of all equipment. In practice here in Qatar, am I quite familiar of the requirements for all the facilities requiring the kind of product you are endorsing because as a Consultant we require first the approval of the product from the Authority Having Jurisdiction and that's the time we endorsed.In contrast, I want to know also what is the process in our country.At the moment, I can't be able to accommodate you with your request in endorsing your product. Maybe someday because I am planning to have a Consulting Firm at NCR.Kind regards and CheersRonald
Wednesday, 9 September 2015
Why does NFPA 25 require the diesel pump to be run at churn for 30 minutes? 0 R. Gomeseria, ARCADIS/Hyder Consulting Dear Colleague, Based on the source why does NFPA 25 require the diesel pump to be run at churn for 30 minutes, it is because of the following factors that every Fire Protection Engineer must know as follows; 1. Operating Temperature; (as experienced at middle east, temperature varies from maximum of 56 deg C down to 25 deg C) 2. Overheating problems can be detected; 3. To consume enough fuel to prevent from stagnation, however in gulf regions the chance of stagnation are less. Cheers! Ronald
Wednesday, 29 July 2015
Something to Learn: Interfacing Fire Alarm 0 R. Gomeseria, ARCADIS/Hyder Consulting Dear Colleague! Some tips for learning... Interfacing Fire Alarm System with positive pressurisation fans. Is it required to interface fire alarm system in ground floor of a hospital building with staircase pressurisastion fans?   Accordingly, From NFPA 92, Standard for Smoke Control Systems, 2012 * Activation and Deactivation. * Automatic Activation. 6.4.4.1.1* Smoke control systems shall be automatically activated in response to signals received from a specific fire detection device or a combination of fire detection devices.    I do hope that make sense and valuable points in design. Cheers! Ronald
Tuesday, 28 July 2015
The Hidden Truth about CO Alarms 0 R. Gomeseria, ARCADIS/Hyder Consulting Dear All, I just want share something about Fire Alarm...from the source. The Hidden Truth about CO Alarms Though my job I’ve been learning more about CO Alarms and I wanted to share some alarming facts that I think people need to know. Some basic stats : In the UK there are approximately 25 million CO alarms installed : Research shows that 45% of CO alarms already installed in the UK may no longer be sensing gas : Evidence from the Journal of Public Health and Environment has shown that with 23,000 CO alarms installed just two years ago in Hackney Homes, 26.9% were no longer working properly The issue : Pressing the test button on CO alarms only checks that the battery, buzzer and electronics are working and not the gas sensor itself : The CO alarm industry has tried to bury this issue for 15 years but have continued to sell alarms in volume since the British Standard was published in 1996 despite being aware that the life expectancy of the sensor is unpredictable due to airborne pollutants such as cooking fumes and cigarette smoke The Solution : I recently met John Stones who has been campaigning for over a decade to raise awareness of this issue : Thanks to his tenancity he has developed and patented a life-saving CO alarm testing product DETECTAGAS® - a test kit that tests the gas sensor on a carbon monoxide alarm is working John has been campaigning for years to raise awareness of this issue and some progress has been made. The new Energy Act 2015, which comes into force from 1 October 2015, has made it clear that landlords must have a WORKING carbon monoxide alarm. The only way to ensure that it’s fully working is with a sensor inclusive test. This is a really important issue as around 30 people die each as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. Thanks for reading. Cheers! Ronald
Tuesday, 28 July 2015