This is the page for 2015 PSME National Convention
(credit: PSME Natcon Committee)
Theme: Towards A Globally Recognized Filipino Mechanical Engineers
Convention Chair: NEVP - Engr. Murry Demdam
CPD Credit Units: 15 max
Technical Seminars: 60
THE RATIONALE OF THE THEME AND THE LOGO
JEFFREY F. SINGSON, PME, MBA
Immediate Past President, PSME-SA
Towards Globally Recognize Filipino Mechanical Engineers” communicates a message that PSME will be jumpstarting to meet the global demand. As the prime mover to global recognition, PSME will bring the Filipino Mechanical Engineers into another level of preparation for the global arena.
The theme aims to encourage three important audiences, the PSME National, the local and international chapters, and the members. With the ASEAN Community 2015 is now with us, it is for the PSME National Office to take that lead in making global recognition within the reach of every Filipino Mechanical Engineer. It is also for the chapters, local and international, to conduct more activities that will boost the members’ interest to global recognition. And it is for the members to participate actively in the activities of their respective chapters as a preparation to being globally recognized.
May this theme inspire the entire society in transforming the Filipino Mechanical Engineers to become globally recognized.
The 63rd NATCON Logo
• The PSME text. With its branded color and its location on the top-most portion of the logo, it symbolizes that PSME is on top of the mission in making Filipino Mechanical Engineers globally recognized.
• The 63rd NATCON text. Designed in colors blue and red and along with the three stars and a sun, it symbolizes the Philippine flag.
• The Globe and Philippine map. The globe with the Philippine map depicts globalization. The green color of the globe and map symbolizes mindful of environmental concerns.
• The Structures – The structures located on the upper part of the globe symbolize the product of Mechanical Engineering which is industrialization and the sun on top of it depicts bright future.
• The Hard Hat with PSME logo – Represents the members of the society – the Filipino Mechanical Engineers.
• The Gear – The gear symbolizes the Mechanical Engineering profession. Its position below the globe signifies that mechanical engineering profession is the driver of the PSME’s mission towards globalization.
Theme and concept by: Jeffrey F. Singson
Logo designed by: Adolfo Joseph N. Triumfante]